F.I.T. Social Skills Group – Caledon
September 18 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Kerry’s Place Autism Services, Brampton Caledon Community Living, and the Town of Caledon are excited to announce the F.I.T. (Fostering Independent Teens) – Social Skills Group Program. The focus of this group is to foster the social skills characteristics of recreational activities. Each week participants will be taught skills aimed at promoting inclusion, cooperation and participation. Opportunities for participants to engage in sports and recreation activities will be incorporated into each lesson. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Every Wednesday from September 18 – November 20, 2019
- Participant Age: Ages 10 – 13.
- Region: Available to individuals living in the Town of Caledon.
- Cost: $200
- Location: Caledon Centre for Recreation & Wellness, 14111 Hwy 50, Bolton, ON L7E 2V2.
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services, and Brampton Caledon Community Living.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is September 17, 2019. Pre-registration does not guarantee a space in the F.I.T. Social Skills Group. Following pre-registration, a lottery draw and screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
To pre-register for the F.I.T. Group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org