FUNdamentals Social Group
December 20 @ 6:00pm - 7:30pm
The FUNdamentals Social Group is a program that was created for early learners, who have not yet developed group and play skills. In each session, participants will engage in group activities, crafts, and structured play, with the goal of preparing them for future social groups. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 7:30 pm. Every Monday, from January 20 – March 23, 2020.
- Participant Age: Ages 5 – 9.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $220
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Services, West Drive Resource Centre, 71 West Drive, Unit 28, Brampton, ON.
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group was developed for individuals who need prompts to stay on task, have limited verbal communication skills, and require some assistance to communicate wants and needs effectively (i.e. PECS, gestures, Augmentative Communication, etc.).
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is December 15, 2019.
Pre-registration does not guarantee a space in the FUNdamentals social group. Following pre-registration, a lottery draw and pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
To pre-register for the FUNdamentals Social Group, please email: CWRregistration@nullkerrysplace.org