- This event has passed.
Group Readiness – Social Skills Group
January 7 @ 6:00pm - 7:30pm
The Group Readiness – Social Skills Group is a 9 week program that was created for early learners, who have not yet developed group and play skills. Evidence-based concepts will be used throughout each session to teach participants skills that will prepare them for future social skills groups, such as: following group instruction, whole body listening, and how to join and participate in a group. Opportunities to practice these new skills will be incorporated into each session through play-based activities and games. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 7:30 pm. Every Monday from January 7th – March 11th, 2019. (No group February 18th, 2019)
- Participant Age: Ages 5 – 9.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $180
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Services, West Drive Resource Centre, 71 West Drive, Unit 28, Brampton, ON.
- Diagnosis: ASD. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group was developed for individuals who need prompts to stay on task, have limited verbal communication skills, and require some assistance to communicate wants and needs effectively (i.e. PECS, gestures, Augmentative Communication, etc.).
Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is December 2nd, 2018.
Pre-registration does not guarantee a space in the Group Readiness social skills group. Following pre-registration, a lottery draw and pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
To pre-register for the Group Readiness Social Skills Group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org