- This event has passed.
Home Safety – Social Skills Group
October 15 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Kerry’s Place is excited to continue its partnership with SophiaSafety and offer the Home Alone Safety program. Safety and accident prevention are the common theme throughout the program, as participants learn valuable life skills to help them make safer choices when on their own. All participants will receive the Home Alone Safety manual and certificate of completion. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Every Monday from October 15 – December 10, 2018.
- Participant Age: Ages 10 – 13.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $180
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Services, West Drive Resource Centre, 71 West Drive, Unit 28, Brampton, ON.
- Diagnosis: ASD. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is September 16, 2018.
Following pre-registration, a lottery draw will be used to determine group participants, and an email will be sent to notify whether a space has been received.
To pre-register for the Home Safety group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org