- This event has passed.
Home Safety – Social Skills Group
April 16 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Kerry’s Place is excited to continue its partnership with SophiaSafety and offer the Home Alone Safety program. Safety and accident prevention are the common theme throughout the program, as participants learn valuable life skills to help them make safer choices when on their own. All participants will receive the Home Alone Safety manual and certificate of completion. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Every Tuesday from April 16th – June 18th, 2019. Participant Age: Ages 10 – 13.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $200
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Services, Kennedy Road Resource Centre, 6660 Kennedy Road, Unit 6, Mississauga, ON
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is March 18, 2019.
Pre-registration does not guarantee a space in the Home Safety social skills group. Following pre-registration, a lottery draw and pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
To pre-register for the Home Safety group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org