Keep Calm and Breathe On 10-12
January 14, 2021 @ 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Our emotional regulation curricula help to establish and develop participants’ abilities in the identification and use of skills in regulating emotions. Using evidence-based strategies and curricula; this program is designed to support participants in identifying emotions in themselves and others. Participants will learn strategies to self-regulate reactions and responses, as well as preventative strategies to solve problems in social situations. Activities include deep breathing and mind/body awareness exercises, and identifying the right strategy for you. Topics may include: Labeling and recognizing emotions in oneself and others, perspective taking, calming strategies, identifying signs of stress and anxiety in oneself and others, problem solving skills.
- Participant Age: Ages 10-12- Participants will be grouped by those with similar ages, strengths, and goals.
- Ratio: 2 participants to 1 staff
- Cost: $1008
- Location: Zoom – A computer and internet connection is required
- Start Date: January 14 2021
- End Date: March 25 2021
- Time:Once a week on Thursdays (6:00-7:30pm)
- Pre-Screen: A group pre-screen is an opportunity for the child or youth to see what a group at Kerry’s Place Autism Services looks like. Based on the staff members’ observations during the group pre-screen, and in consultation with the child or youth and their caregiver, our experienced staff will make recommendations for any service that might best meet the needs of the child or youth. Participating in a group pre-screen does not guarantee that the child/youth will be enrolled in a particular group or service. Pre-screens are valid for 6 months and are only needed once prior to registering for a group
- Last Available Pre-Screen – November 28, 2020. Prior to registration for any group, the child or youth will participate in a group pre-screen.