- This event has passed.
Let’s Connect Social Group
October 15 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
The Let’s Connect group is a teen-centred social group that will provide participants the ability to connect with others their age, while learning life skills and fostering their community independence. Over the course of the 10-week program, participants will engage in socialization activities both in-centre and within the community. Topics such as riding the transit, home and community safety, and helping teens prepare for independence are built into each week’s lesson. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Every Tuesday, from October 15th – December 17th, 2019.
- Participant Age: Ages 14 – 17.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $250
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Services, Kennedy Road Resource Centre, 6660 Kennedy Road, Unit 6, Mississauga, ON
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is September 25th, 2019. Pre-registration does not guarantee a space in the Let’s Connect social group. Following pre-registration, a lottery draw and pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
To pre-register for the Let’s Connect group, please email: CWRregistration@nullkerrysplace.org