- This event has passed.
Let’s Connect – Virtual Social Group
October 15, 2020 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm
The Let’s Connect group is a teen-centred social group that will provide participants the ability to connect with others their age, while learning life skills and fostering their independence. Over the course of the 10-week program, participants will engage in virtual socialization activities and games.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:30 – 8:00pm. Every Thursday from October 15 – December 17, 2020.
- Participant Age: Ages 14 – 17.
- Cost: No fee
- Location: Zoom – A computer and internet connection is required
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services, and Brampton Caledon Community Living.
- Screening: Registration does not guarantee a space in this group. Following registration on My Community Hub, pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.