Making Connections 10-12
January 11, 2021 @ 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Our social skills curricula help to establish and develop participants’ skills in interacting and connecting with peers. Using evidence based strategies, this group aims to provide the opportunity for participants to further develop social skills based on their individual needs and interests. Topics explored: expanding on greeting peers, conversation skills with peers through play and structured activities, increasing interactions with peers, engaging in preferred activities with peers and compromising, cooperation, maintaining social relationships, responding to teasing and bullying.
- Participant Age: Ages 10-12 – Participants will be grouped by those with similar ages, strengths, and goals.
- Ratio: 2 participants to 1 staff
- Cost: $825
- Location: Zoom – A computer and internet connection is required
- Start Date: January 11 2021
- End Date: March 29 2021
- Time:Once a week on Mondays (4:30-6:00pm)
- Pre-Screen: A group pre-screen is an opportunity for the child or youth to see what a group at Kerry’s Place Autism Services looks like. Based on the staff members’ observations during the group pre-screen, and in consultation with the child or youth and their caregiver, our experienced staff will make recommendations for any service that might best meet the needs of the child or youth. Participating in a group pre-screen does not guarantee that the child/youth will be enrolled in a particular group or service. Pre-screens are valid for 6 months and are only needed once prior to registering for a group
- Last Available Pre-Screen – November 28, 2020. Prior to registration for any group, the child or youth will participate in a group pre-screen.