- This event has passed.
My Safe Life – Virtual Social Group
October 19 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Children participating in My Safe Life will learn life skills that empower them to make safe, caring and respectful decisions in their everyday lives, both online and offline. Topics include: home safety, people safety, online safety, travel safety, fire safety, injury prevention, emergencies vs non-emergencies. This group is a partnership between Kerry’s Place Autism Services & SophiaSafety.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:30 – 8:00pm. Every Monday from October 19 – December 14, 2020.
- Participant Age: Ages 6 – 10.
- Cost: $80
- Location: Zoom – A computer and internet connection is required
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Screening: Registration does not guarantee a space in this group. Following registration on My Community Hub, pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.