Online Safety & Video Gaming Social Group – Peel & Halton Regions
October 17 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Social media and online gaming are fun ways to connect with others, but it is important for everyone to understand the risks and know how to handle certain situations. Each week participants will learn online safety topics related to video gaming, social media, and using the internet. Opportunities for participants to play video games will be incorporated into each lesson. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Every Thursday, from October 17th – December 19th, 2019.
- Participant Age: Ages 10 – 13.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $220
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Services, Kennedy Road Resource Centre, 6660 Kennedy Road, Unit 6, Mississauga, ON
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is September 25th, 2019. Pre-registration does not guarantee a space in the Online Safety & Video Gaming group. Following pre-registration, a lottery draw and pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
To pre-register for the Online Safety & Video Gaming group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org