Online Safety & Video Gaming – Virtual Social Group
January 13, 2021 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Each week participants will discuss online safety topics related to video gaming, social media, and using the internet. Opportunities for participants to play virtual games will be incorporated into each session.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:30pm – 8:00pm weekly for 10 sessions beginning Wednesday, January 13, 2021 until Wednesday, March 24, 2021 (Group sessions will NOT be held during March Break, March 15-21, 2021
- Participant Age: Ages 10-14.Participants will be grouped by those with similar ages, strengths, and goals.
- Ratio: 3 participants and 1 staff
- Cost: No fee
- Location: Zoom – A computer and internet connection is required
- Pre-Registration: Prior to registration for any group, the child or youth will participate in a group pre-screen. A group pre-screen is an opportunity for the child or youth to see what a group at Kerry’s Place Autism Services looks like. Based on the staff members’ observations during the group pre-screen, and in consultation with the child or youth and their caregiver, our experienced staff will make recommendations for any service that might best meet the needs of the child or youth. Participating in a group pre-screen does not guarantee that the child/youth will be enrolled in a particular group or service. Pre-screens are valid for 6 months and are only needed once prior to registering for a group.
- Registration: Registration opens on Friday, October 30, 2020 and will close on Thursday, December 31, 2020.