- This event has passed.
Online Safety & Video Gaming – Virtual Social Group
October 13 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Each week participants will discuss online safety topics related to video gaming, social media, and using the internet. Opportunities for participants to play virtual games will be incorporated into each session.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:30 – 8:00pm. Every Tuesday, from October 13 – December 15, 2020.
- Participant Age: Ages 10-14.
- Cost: No fee
- Location: Zoom – A computer and internet connection is required
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Screening: Registration does not guarantee a space in this group. Following registration on My Community Hub, pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.