- This event has passed.
Out & About – Social Skills Group
April 17, 2018 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Come join us for a group that gets participants out and active in the community! The focus of this group is to promote community interactions while fostering the development of safety and awareness. Outings within the community will provide participants with opportunities to develop social skills, while having a great time. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm Every Tuesday from April 17th – June 19th, 2018
- Participant Age: Ages 6 – 9.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $200
- Location: Kerry’s Place Autism Service, Kennedy Road Resource Centre, 6660 Kennedy Road, Unit 6, Mississauga, ON
(Drop-off/Pick-up may vary depending on outing)
- Diagnosis: ASD. Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is Wednesday, March 28th, 2018
Following pre-registration, a lottery draw will be used to determine group participants, and an email will be sent to notify whether a space has been received.
To pre-register for the Out & About group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org