Sports & Team Skills Social Group
January 8, 2020 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
The focus of this group is to provide participants with opportunities to engage in sports and recreation activities, while promoting inclusion, cooperation and participation. Each week participants will engage in a lesson aimed at fostering the development of play skills. A one-hour sports program will be incorporated into each session. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Every Wednesday from January 8 – March 11, 2020.
- Participant Age: Ages 6 – 9.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $280
- Location: South Fletcher’s Sportsplex, 500 Ray Lawson Boulevard, Brampton, ON
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is December 15, 2019.
Pre-registration does not guarantee a space in the Sports & Team Skills social group. Following pre-registration, a lottery draw and pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
To pre-register for the Sports & Team Skills group, please email: CWRregistration@nullkerrysplace.org