Sports & Team Skills – Social Skills Group
April 17 @ 6:00am - 8:00pm
The focus of this group is to teach participants the social skills characteristics of sports and recreation activities. Each week participants will engage in a lesson aimed at fostering the development of social skills related to inclusion, cooperation and participation. Opportunities for participants to engage in sports and recreation activities will be incorporated into each lesson. Snacks will be provided.
- Schedule: Group runs from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Every Wednesday from April 17th – June 19th, 2019.
- Participant Age: Ages 6 – 9.
- Region: Available to families living in Peel & Halton Region.
- Cost: $200
- Location: South Fletcher’s Sportsplex, 500 Ray Lawson Boulevard, Brampton, ON
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.
- Pre-Registration: Deadline to pre-register is March 18th, 2019.
Pre-registration does not guarantee a space in the Sports & Team Skills social skills group. Following pre-registration, a lottery draw and pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
To pre-register for the Sports & Team Skills group, please email: CWRregistration@kerrysplace.org