The Code – Toronto
November 7 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Kerry’s Place Autism Services is excited to launch our introductory coding group, The Code, for teens ages 14-18 with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Do you enjoy playing online video games, and ever wondered how these games are created? Well then, this is the group for you! This group will teach you the foundation skills needed to understand the concepts of coding and how they contribute to creating video games.
We are offering a 14-week group curriculum that will introduce you to the elements of coding and how these elements work together to create video games. This group will use block-based, drag-and-drop coding in programs such as Scratch and Code.org.
You do not need to have any prior coding experience to join this group! All you need to have is an interest in learning about coding, the ability to read and write, and basic computer skills.
By participating in The Code, individuals will:
- Develop confidence in understanding the concepts of coding
- Strengthen their computer skills
- Practice the fundamentals of block-based, drag-and-drop coding
- Learn how to troubleshoot
- Meet others with a similar interest
- Have Fun!
- Date/Time: Thursdays from 6pm-8pm (November 7, 2019-February 20, 2020)
- Location: 222 Lesmill Rd. (Leslie & 401)
- Ages: 14-18 with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Cost: FREE!
*Applicants must register to attend an orientation to evaluate best fit. After registering your interest, you will be contacted to attend one of the following orientation sessions:
- September 30, 2019 at 1-3 pm
- October 1, 2019 at 6-8 pm
- October 7, 2019 at 1-3 pm
- October 10, 2019 at 6-8 pm