- This event has passed.
Virtual Connection (Thursday)
October 15, 2020 @ 4:30pm - 5:30pm
The Virtual Connection is a weekly group aimed at providing children and youth with social interaction and learning about others through fun activities that strengthen turn taking, sharing skills, and using imagination. Activities may include: virtual field trips, art challenges, mad science experiments, group games, movement breaks, and much more. Participants will have opportunities to build new and lasting relationships through this virtual platform! Most importantly, the goal is to have FUN!
- Schedule: Group runs from 4:30 – 5:30pm. Every Thursday from October 15 – December 17, 2020.
- Participant Age: Ages 9 – 14.
- Cost: No fee
- Location: Zoom – A computer and internet connection is required
- Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Intake must be completed with Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Screening: Registration does not guarantee a space in this group. Following registration on My Community Hub, pre-screening will be conducted by Kerry’s Place staff to determine group participants. To be eligible, the child and parent/caregiver must successfully complete the screening process.
- Support Needs: This group is designed for individuals who are able to participate with minimal support. The individual may need some prompts to stay on task, and is able to communicate wants and needs effectively. The individual does not require a lot of behavioural redirection.