- This event has passed.
CLOSED: Virtual Connection – Wednesday
January 13 @ 4:30pm - 5:30pm
The Virtual Connection is a weekly group aimed at providing children and youth with social interaction and learning about others through fun activities that strengthen turn taking, sharing skills, and using imagination. Activities may include: virtual field trips, art challenges, mad science experiments, group games, movement breaks, and much more. Participants will have opportunities to build new and lasting relationships through this virtual platform! Most importantly, the goal is to have FUN!
- Schedule: Group runs from 4:30pm – 5:30pm weekly for 10 sessions beginning Wednesday, January 13, 2021 until Wednesday, March 24, 2021. (Group sessions will NOT be held during March Break, March 15-21, 2021)
- Participant Ages: 12-14 – Participants will be grouped by those with similar ages, strengths, and goals.
- Ratio: 3 participants and 1 staff
- Cost: No fee
- Location: Zoom – A computer and internet connection is required
- Pre-Registration: Prior to registration for any group, the child or youth will participate in a group pre-screen. A group pre-screen is an opportunity for the child or youth to see what a group at Kerry’s Place Autism Services looks like. Based on the staff members’ observations during the group pre-screen, and in consultation with the child or youth and their caregiver, our experienced staff will make recommendations for any service that might best meet the needs of the child or youth. Participating in a group pre-screen does not guarantee that the child/youth will be enrolled in a particular group or service. Pre-screens are valid for 6 months and are only needed once prior to registering for a group.
- Registration:Registration opens on Friday, October 30, 2020 and will close on Thursday, December 31, 2020.