POSITION POSTING # 2191
- SERVICE AREA: Human Resources
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office Region – Aurora
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $25.21 to $31.52 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, September 26, 2022
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (3% employer match)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
- Develop and implement of all Workplace Health, Safety and Wellness programs by partnering with our Clients and collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders
- Review legislated Health and Safety mandatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and develop Health and Safety training by creating content on the e-learning platform by collaborating with other members of the Human Resources team.
- Develop and/or collaborate with Communications as required to develop communication plans and toolkits to ensure successful implementations of programs.
- Co-chair the Joint Health and Safety Committee and ensure compliance of joint health and safety committee meetings and workplace inspections.
- Participate in the Infection, Prevention Control (IPAC) committee and jointly implement and communicate safety protocols for staff.
- Review trends and causes of workplace incidents and accidents, injuries, illness; identify root causes and partner with programs and services to offer solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Perform ergonomic reviews and workplace job hazard analysis as required.
- Train joint health and safety committee members and management teams on investigations of all work-related accidents, incidents and occupational illnesses.
- Coordinate the disability management process including return to work with support from other members of the HR team.
- Establish programs for early intervention/return to work, to mitigate risks and reduce costs. Provide Early Safe Return to Work management of disability cases.
- Prepare reports on a monthly basis as required by management and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate health and safety/wellness student placements as required by the HR department.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience and certification in a related discipline.
- Certified Disability Management professional is an asset.
- Member in good standing of the Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA) or similar professional association or relevant work experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a Health and Safety or Wellness role.
- Certified Joint Health and Safety Committee Member or willingness to become certified within six (6) months.
- Expert knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and solid proven knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code, Risk Management programs, and other legislation and best practices.
- Strong client focus adhering to Kerry’s Place mission, vision and values and service excellence approach.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization with a focus on fostering a culture of safety prevention, awareness and education.
- Action driven and committed to continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Proven organizational, planning and time/project management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with competing and shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
- Previous experience in the Health Care and Social Services sector or the Service industry is considered an asset.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening), and proof of vaccination for Covid-19.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.