POSITION POSTING # 2033
- SERVICE AREA: Administration Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Brampton
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part-Time (Contract to April 2019; two weeks written notice prior to contract end date)
- HOURS OF WORK: Irregular hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends; Flexibility required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $14.00 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, November 6, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the Ticket Sales Assistant is responsible for promoting, selling, and distributing 50/50 raffle tickets at the Brampton Beast games.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager, Team Lead and other employees/ volunteers to promote, sell, and distribute 50/50 ticket sales at Brampton Beast home games for the 2018/2019 Season
- Verify that individuals purchasing tickets are over 18 years of age by requesting photo ID
- Accept payment, handle cash and make change for individuals purchasing tickets
- Operate digital ticket purchases on handheld device (training provided)
- Close ticket gateways prior to draw at the game (training provided)
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Basic mental math and reading skills
- Able to stand on feet for up to 4 hours
- Strong communication skills, especially verbal
- Energetic and friendly personality, willing to engage with guests
- Cash handling and customer services experience would be an asset
- Flexible to work evenings and/or weekends based on game schedule
- Able to work in stadium setting during sporting event (may include loud noises, bright lights, cooler temperature etc.)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Required to wear uniform for duration of shift- provided by Kerry’s Place Autism Services
- Must be able to move throughout stadium and remain standing for extended duration
- Must be able to attend training session(s) prior to season start on October 13, 2018
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.