POSITION POSTING # 2186
- SERVICE AREA: Community Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Toronto Region – Toronto
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $53,851.20 – $67,288.00 annually
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, April 19, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services management team, the Manager is responsible for the: leadership and supervision, resource management, quality outcomes for the persons we support and quality assurance measures to provide efficient and effective provision of supports and services for persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other.
- Adheres to manager responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position supports adults over 18 years old.
Leadership and Supervision
- Provide mentoring, coaching, training and performance management of employees and complete Performance Development Plans on an annual basis.
- Develop, implement and lead organizational change in line with the Strategic Plan.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, provide appropriate staffing to meet the needs of the persons we support through effective recruitment, selection, and orientation.
- Keep current to all related legislative requirements such as: Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, etc.
- Adhere to the Collective Agreement where applicable.
- Manage and report on variances for each operational budget under your purview with support from the Finance Department.
- Maintain each operation within budget (includes authorization of expenditures).
- In co-ordination with Regional Senior Management, develop appropriate funding proposals.
- Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of residential or community sites as assigned.
Quality Outcomes for the Persons we Support
- Provide support through evidence-based treatment models and approaches for persons diagnosed with ASD.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary resources to provide evidence-based supports and services.
- Ensure person-directed planning is effectively implemented and persons’ goals are being achieved.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with families, partner agencies, volunteers, government employees and the community.
- Collaborate with community resources, including funded services and informal supports available.
- Participate in both internal and external committees and task forces.
Quality Assurance Measures
- Ensure the health and safety of supported persons in accordance to Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures, Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws.
- Ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being served.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years of experience in human services.
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sector.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches.
- People management including mentoring, coaching, training and development.
- Competency and effective use of database systems.
- Working knowledge of related legislation and regulations such as: Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, etc.
- Knowledge of budgeting and scheduling of employees is an asset.
- French language is an asset.
- Generate excitement, enthusiasm and commitment in people by translating the vision, mission and values into terms that are relevant to the work being performed, through:
- Advocating for others.
- Creative problem solving and decision making.
- Developing others.
- Holding people accountable.
- Leading others.
- Managing change.
- Relationship/network building.
- Resource management.
- Strategic thinking.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must have the ability to complete the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification, First Aid/CPR as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- Position requires flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide on-call coverage (which may include evenings, weekends and holidays).
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.