POSITION POSTING # 2036
- SERVICE AREA: Administration Services- Information Technology
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Aurora – Head Office
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $21.38 – $26.73 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, October 18, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the Network and Support Technician will ensure the maintenance and stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure and assets throughout Kerry’s Place. Being customer service focused, the Network and Support Technician will be involved with configuring, installation, maintenance and optimizing of new and existing network hardware, PC’s/laptops, software, etc. This position will be based at Head Office but will require frequent travel throughout the Greater Toronto Area and areas of Southern Ontario. Overnight stays may be required. This position will be supporting Kerry’s Place sites in tandem with other selected service providers.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Kerry’s Place Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other policies available on the Kerry’s Place HRMS.
- Adheres to Employee Responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), including immediate reporting of workplace injuries and/or hazards to a member of Kerry’s Place management, and use of any personal protective equipment provided.
- Participates in ongoing Training and Development and ensures all mandatory training requirements are met and maintained.
IT Field Support:
- Desktop, laptop, printers and accessories including:
- Desktop O.S. (Windows 7/10) support and PC based applications
- Printers, mobile devices, telephony
- Client database applications
- Remote access of staff workstations as necessary and fix issues that arise
- Window Server 2008/2012 administration
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including:
- Firewalls (Installation, configuration and administration)
- Switches (installation, configuration and administration on Cisco products)
- Onsite data storage (NAS)(QNAP product)
- Hardware enclosures (wall mounted cabinets)
- Any other hardware components and accessories related to networking
- Assist with online ticketing system and triage of support requests
- Allocation of assets
- Assist with Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMA’s)
- Vendor and relationship management
- Documentation and mapping of IT infrastructure, data ports, etc. for field locations
- Maintain a photo-journal of sites
- Assist with the inventory controls in the field and at Head Office including;
- Stock rotation and inventory counts
- Record keeping including logging of inventory movements in and out of the storage
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or other related field
- A+ Certification is an asset
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as Computer Network Technician
- Strong knowledge of:
- Customer service methodology
- Cisco switches and Wifi appliances
- Network protocols, including OSI, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewall and Security Policies, LAN/VAN, VPN & VLAN mythology, with an advanced ability to configure these devices
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting network hardware, PC’s, Servers, etc.
- Demonstrate ownership of problems through final resolution and be a self-starter with enthusiasm and initiative
- Initiative and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks and make sound decisions
- Empathetic and able to communicate ideas in a user-friendly manner
- Conscientious, team player, highly self-motivated and trustworthy
- Ability to physically perform the duties of this position which include but are not limited to
- lift 20 lbs
- transport equipment
- navigate at low heights
- use a ladder
- Valid driver’s license (G2) and reliable vehicle is required
- Must submit a clear VSS (Vulnerability Sector Screening) once offered this position.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.