POSITION POSTING # 2118
- SERVICE AREA: Information Technology
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Aurora Region – Head Office
- POSITION STATUS: Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $22.36- $27.95 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, July 7, 2022
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (3% employer match)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the Network and Support Technician will ensure the maintenance and stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure and assets throughout Kerry’s Place. The Network and Support Technician will be involved with configuring, installation, maintenance and optimizing of new and existing network hardware, PC’s/laptops, software, etc. This position will be based at Head Office but will require frequent travel throughout the Greater Toronto Area and areas of Southern Ontario. Overnight stays may be required. This position will be supporting Kerry’s Place sites in tandem with other selected service providers.
- Desktop, laptop, printers and accessories including:
- Desktop O.S. (Window 10) and PC based Applications
- Remote access of staff workstations as necessary and fix issues that arise
- Work with IT members in the support of network hardware and equipment
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including:
- Firewalls (Installation, configuration and administration on Fortinet products, specifically the Fortinet 60D)
- Switches (installation, configuration and administration on Cisco products, specifically the Cisco Catalyst and SG series)
- Onsite data storage (NAS)(QNAP product group with Seagate Drives)
- Hardware enclosures (Triplite wall mounted cabinets)
- UPS’s (Staco appliances)
- Any other hardware components and accessories related to networking
- Assist with online ticketing system and triage of support requests
- Allocation of costs for deployed hardware
- Assist with Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMA’s) and reporting
- Documentation and mapping of IT infrastructure, data ports, etc. for field locations
- Maintain a photo-journal of sites
- Assist with the inventory controls
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or other related field
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as Computer Network Technician
- Certifications: CCNA; Fortinet NSE 3/4; MSCA
- A+ Certification is an asset
- Strong knowledge of:
- Fortinet Firewalls
- Cisco switches and Wifi appliances
- Network protocols, including OSI, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewall and Security Policies, LAN/WAN, VPN & VLAN technology, with an advanced ability to configure network device
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting network hardware, PC’s, etc.
- Experience installing network cabling and telephony systems
- Valid driver’s license (G2) and reliable vehicle is required; frequent travel required
- French language skills are considered an asset
lace is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.