POSITION POSTING # 1122
- SERVICE AREA: Administration
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Toronto Region – Toronto
- POSITION STATUS: Full Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $14.35 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, October 16, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Services and Supports and as part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services administrative team, the Office Assistant is responsible for providing reception support as well as general clerical/administrative support to staff and management of Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other.
- Adheres to employee responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations.
- Provide a welcoming environment for employees of Kerry’s Place Autism Services, people supported by Kerry’s Place Autism Services and their families and members of the public.
- Perform administrative duties including: mail collection and pick-up.
- Laminating resource materials.
- Photocopying and scanning.
- Word and data processing (input documents into the database).
- Performing online research.
- Assist with library administration.
- Filing and storing away office supplies.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality standards of Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Education: Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills, including features of Microsoft Office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good telephone skills and knowledge of telephone etiquette
- Must have the ability to complete the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification, First Aid/CPR as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.