POSITION POSTING #1809
- SERVICE AREA: Residential
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Belwood
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 30 hours per week (Weekends, Overnights, Holidays; Flexibility required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $18.44 – $19.41 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, October 31, 2021
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (3% match)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, the Overnight Awake will provide support to ensure the safety, comfort, well-being and security of each supported person during the overnight hours. Consistent with Kerry’s Place Autism Services Mission, Vision, Values and Policies and Procedures and with regulations/directives issued by the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCCSS), it is a requirement of this position to respond to all requests for assistance, be they from a supported person, or as a result of an emergency situation, with minimal delay and/or trauma to the supported person.
- Remain awake throughout the respective shift; monitor Individuals and offer counselling, care-giving to Individuals as needed.
- Make a record of each Individual’s overnight status and report any occurrence that is especially noteworthy and/or represents a departure from usual night time behaviour patterns.
- Be completely familiar with fire drill procedures (and ensure other staff members are also apprised) in order to correctly react to an emergency.
- Adhere to all established directives and polices concerning the health, safety and well-being of Individuals, the administration of designated medication(s), the supervision and counselling of Individuals and their performance/behavioural issues. Record, in the communication book, any and all unexpected incidents.
- Prepare all designated documentation such as: daily log recording, supported person information update, hours worked, medication dispensing notification and the like.
- Follow procedures for the treatment of an Individual experiencing disturbed sleep patterns. Recommend solutions to resolve such patterns whenever feasible.
- Receive, respond to, and record incoming calls. Provide response to standard questions, avoiding discussions concerning an Individual or Kerry’s Place policy matters.
- Be involved in staff meetings and relevant staff training/development sessions (i.e. first aid, non-violent crisis prevention institute training, fire/safety procedures, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position supports adults.
- Completion of Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University or completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and one year of related experience (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder).
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to physically support adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 in good standing.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
- As a condition of employment, all employees must have and provide proof of full Covid-19 Immunization. Where a person is unable to vaccinate for human rights protected reasons, an accommodation may be provided.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.