POSITION POSTING # 2151
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Bradford/West Gwillimbury (Simcoe)
- POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
- HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week (Overnight; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $17.81 – $18.75 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, February 25, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager, the Overnight Awake will provide support to ensure the safety, comfort, well-being and security of each supported person during the overnight hours. Consistent with Kerry’s Place Autism Services Mission, Vision, Values and Policies and Procedures and with regulations/directives issued by the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS), it is a requirement of this position to respond to all requests for assistance, be they from a supported person, or as a result of an emergency situation, with minimal delay and/or trauma to the supported person.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Sick Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- Remain awake throughout the respective shift; monitor Individuals and offer counselling, care-giving to Individuals as needed.
- Make a record of each Individual’s overnight status and report any occurrence that is especially noteworthy and/or represents a departure from usual night time behaviour patterns.
- Be completely familiar with fire drill procedures (and ensure other staff members are also apprised) in order to correctly react to an emergency.
- Adhere to all established directives and polices concerning the health, safety and well-being of Individuals, the administration of designated medication(s), the supervision and counselling of Individuals and their performance/behavioural issues. Record, in the communication book, any and all unexpected incidents.
- Prepare all designated documentation such as: daily log recording, supported person information update, hours worked, medication dispensing notification and the like.
- Follow procedures for the treatment of an Individual experiencing disturbed sleep patterns. Recommend solutions to resolve such patterns whenever feasible.
- Receive, respond to, and record incoming calls. Provide response to standard questions, avoiding discussions concerning an Individual or Kerry’s Place policy matters.
- Be involved in staff meetings and relevant staff training/development sessions (i.e. first aid, non-violent crisis prevention institute training, fire/safety procedures, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position supports adults over 18 years old.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Human Services Diploma from a recognized Community College or University or completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and one year of related experience (preferably supporting persons diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder).
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 in good standing.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family-focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.