POSITION POSTING # 1084
- SERVICE AREA: Administration Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office – Aurora
- POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-time
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $23.74 – $29.66 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, September 29, 2019
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (3% employer match)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
As part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services administrative support team, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for supporting financial activities relating to bi-weekly payroll functions in a complex payroll environment which includes hourly, salaried and unionized employees in multiple locations.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other.
- Adheres to employee responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop, document and maintain payroll processes and procedures.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for 1,000 + employees; detecting and reconciling payroll discrepancies.
- Reconcile and process third party remittances and source deductions.
- Process manual payroll related payments as required.
- Timely distribution of electronic pay stubs and resolution of any undeliverable items.
- Process and issue ROE’s for separation of employment within required deadlines and submit to Service Canada.
- Process and complete annual T4’s, T4A’s and balance all information and related summaries within CRA filing deadline.
- Lead payroll system and project testing as well as implementation when required.
- Support Human Resources with payroll related processes and information. Identify and process taxable benefits.
- Create new and supplemental reporting methods to aid management in proactive problem solving.
- Analyze and reconcile various financial reports requiring selection and interpretation of data and the use of independent judgment.
- Assist employees and managers with payroll requests and questions in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete changes to employee records, set up new hires, record employee information such as exemptions, transfers and resignations in order to maintain and update accurate payroll records.
Quality Assurance Measures
- Regularly deliver professional communications to internal and external contacts.
- Support the Management team to ensure professional and thorough records are maintained and up to date for all persons being served.
- Provide creative solutions for continual process improvements and ensure that procedures are documented.
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to activities, models and reports to provide insights into Kerry’s Place operations, opportunities and challenges.
- College diploma or Certificate in Payroll or Accounting.
- Canadian Payroll Association (PCP) certification is an asset.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in payroll.
- Experience with hourly, salaried and union payroll in a multi-site environment.
- Knowledge of payroll legislation and standard business practices as well as ensuring that all relevant legislation is effectively applied.
- Advanced knowledge of CRA regulations and filing deadlines.
- Current understanding of Service Canada requirements and procedures.
- Advanced competency using spreadsheets, database systems, and financial software. Experience in ADP considered to be an asset.
- French language is an asset.
- Sincerely cares for what people are experiencing and acts accordingly, through:
- Advocating for others.
- Creative problem solving and decision making.
- Fostering independence in others.
- Interpersonal relations and respect.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular work hours when required.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.