POSITION POSTING # 1989 (Repost)
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Central Region – Peel/Dufferin
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time with Benefits (Contract to December 14, 2019; two weeks written notice prior to contract end)
- HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week (Days, evenings and weekends; flexibility required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $21.38 – $26.73 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, December 17, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Services and Supports and as part of the Kerry’s Place Autism Services administrative team, the Property Maintenance Worker ensures that all required maintenance and repairs are carried out for all of the residential sites on a timely basis.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of Kerry’s Place.
- Reviews and adheres to all Policies and Procedures, including: Finance & Administration; Services & Supports; Human Resources; Health & Safety, and all other.
- Adheres to employee responsibilities for Health & Safety as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations.
- Complies with the Building Code, Fire Code and the Occupational Health & Safety Act and inspects all fire and other safety equipment on a regular basis.
- Performs general and specialized maintenance and repairs to residential sites under the direction of the Director of Services and Supports.
- Provides maintenance, installation and repair services for appliances, routine plumbing, carpentry, painting and basic electrical work.
- Ensure all areas are free of hazards and where not able to resolve, ensure the Director of Services and Supports or Managers are informed for immediate resolution.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies when on call.
- Performs other duties and projects as determined by the Director of Services and Supports or their delegate.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- Certification/License from one of the trade professions would be a definite asset
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a multi-residential or other related industry
- Experience with plumbing, electrical, drywall, carpentry, painting, etc.
- French language is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Sound listening and judgement skills
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgement when accessing difficult situations
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must have a Valid Class G driver’s license
- Proficient with use of basic handheld and electrical tool
- Flexibility needed to work on weekends, weeknights and holidays
- Must use own tools
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.