POSITION POSTING # 2004
- SERVICE AREA: Administration
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place East Region – Oshawa
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full Time (Contract to September 13, 2019; two weeks written notice prior to contract end date)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $18.00 – $22.49 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, September 25, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Services and Supports, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative, reception and accounting support to the Director of Services and Supports, Managers, support team and families, and local programs.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles and Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place.
- Work with the team to create a welcoming and friendly environment for: individuals, families, employees and the public.
- Receive incoming telephone calls and/or visitors: providing relevant information on behalf of the intended recipient directing them to appropriate resources.
- Welcoming individuals and families who visit the Family Resource Centre sites and assisting them as necessary in accessing resource centre materials (i.e. Library, computers, etc.).
- Assist in maintaining the health and safety standards set by the agency.
- Monitor and report on the general condition of the local office / family resource centres.
- Process accounts payable and forward, after authorization from Manager, copies of all documentation and monies to Head Office.
- Administration of financial resources relevant to the day-to-day operation of activities such as: petty cash, fees, banking, credit and gift cards, purchase orders and local funds.
- Prepare and verify payroll information, as directed by the Manager, and submit, to the Finance Department, according to a schedule determined by the Finance Department; ensure employees receive all pertinent payroll documentation to which they are entitled.
- Have ready access to the Collective Agreement, where applicable, policies and procedures, and pertinent legislation.
- Maintain a current knowledge of all benefit programs; assist the Manager and Human Resource Department with the benefit administration processes.
- In co-ordination with the Manager and Human Resource Management, maintain employee records.
- Attend and take notes at meetings; generate and distribute minutes.
- Order, maintain and distribute general office supplies.
- Establish and maintain files, records and databases in a professional and organized fashion paying particular attention to confidentiality.
- Perform routine administrative duties including word processing, photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Assist in the co-ordination and scheduling of: events, information sessions, meetings and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Community College Diploma/Certificate in Business Administration.
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and related experience complimented by training.
- Three years of progressive office administrative experience.
- Working knowledge of: Employment Standards Act, PIPEDA and OHSA.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Competency in using intermediate/advanced features of Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet;
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision and within prescribed timelines.
- Strong time-management, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Basic math/accounting skills.
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 70 words per minute and minute-taking/proof-reading/formatting skills, as required to provide accurate and timely output, and to meet professional standards.
- Thorough knowledge of current office procedures and experience in using general office equipment.
- Ability to be flexible and motivated in dealing with a fluctuating and unpredictable workload.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2 and a reliable vehicle.
- French language skills are considered an asset.
- Competency in additional languages also considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.