POSITION POSTING # 2109
- SERVICE AREA: Residential Services
- LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Toronto Region – Toronto
- POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time (Contract to August 2, 2019; two weeks written notice prior to contract end date)
- HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (Days, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays; Flexibility Required)
- HOURLY PAY RATE: $21.38 – $26.73 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, January 24, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director, the Coordinator is responsible for the organizing and co-ordination of resources to ensure efficient and effective provision of supports and services for individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder supported through Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Provide a role model and apply consistent practices to reinforce the: Mission, Vision, Values, Principles, Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Ensure that the quality of life principles are effectively applied for every individual you support.
- For all locations you are responsible for: promote the health and safety of supported individuals through compliance to Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws, adherence to the recommendations of the Fire Marshal and compliance to health and safety procedures.
- Through your actions, demonstrate leadership in the area of health and safety of all employees.
- Maintain operations within budget (includes authorization of expenditures up to $1,000).
- Provide assistance to the manager in: recruitment, selection, and orientation of employees.
- Provide feedback to the manager for Annual Performance Development Plans.
- Schedule staff hours efficiently and fairly and verify time sheets in a timely manner.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of documentation required through legislation and policy and procedures such as: compliance binders.
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality is maintained for individuals and employees.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with: families, partner agencies, volunteers, government employees and the community.
- Coordinate facility maintenance and service contracts for all locations in your purview.
- Provide assistance to the manager in coaching, training and development of employees including the coordination and documentation of training e.g. CPI, First Aid, and Personal Outcomes.
- This position supports adults.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a social services degree from a recognized Community College or University or Completion of Ontario Secondary School (or equivalent) and management experience complimented by management training.
- Five years of experience of hands on support as an Autism Consultant, Autism Associate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and current treatment models and approaches.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; excellent problem solving and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Familiarity with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Working knowledge of computers and software such as: Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet.
- Self motivated and self directed; Demonstrated flexibility, innovation and creativity.
- Must have the ability to physically support children, youth and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must have the ability to complete the NVCI certification as well as perform the required physical techniques; training will be provided.
- A valid Driver’s License with a minimum G2 standing, and a reliable vehicle is required for this position.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
- External applicants – Click here to apply
This position is open to Internal and External applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.