This workshop will introduce participants to sensory characteristics and systems. In addition, the ways in which people with ASD may experience such sensory stimuli in different ways will be reviewed. Accommodations and modifications will be reviewed to assist caregivers and educators to support persons with ASD.
Accommodations and modifications will be reviewed to assist caregivers and educators support those with ASD in accommodating various environmental stimuli.
- Recommended Prerequisite: Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Workshop Duration: 3 hours
As a result of participating in this workshop, participants will be able to:
- identify sensory differences
- identify and describe possible strategies that may assist a person that is experiencing varying sensory needs
- recognize the importance of collaborating with an Occupational Therapist