This workshop will explore social interaction characteristics related to Autism Spectrum Disorder, and the factors that may impact success in social situations.
More than simply “making friends”, participants will examine the skills necessary to form meaningful relationships, and distinguish between how people conduct themselves with different people in their lives.
- Recommended Prerequisite: Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Styles and Teaching Strategies
- Workshop Duration: 6 hours
As a result of participating in this workshop, participants will be able to:
- identify the social characteristics related to ASD and the factors that impact success in social situations
- define the Hidden Curriculum, and provide examples of unwritten social rules that impact everyday interactions
- explain the importance of understanding and teaching “context” in social skills programs