“The Portal” will provide an array of training modules made available to persons with ASD, their families, educators, and anyone interested in building their knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorder across the Province of Ontario, free of charge.
In the coming months, a comprehensive training series will be made available on a variety of topics including:
- An Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Effective Teaching Strategies
- Self-Regulation and Anxiety – Methods of Relaxation
- Developing Social Skills; More Than Making Friends
- The Art of Reinforcement
- Prompting to Build Skills
- Shaping Skills, and Chaining Teaching Steps
- The Task Analysis – Simplifying the Teaching and Learning Process
- A 2-Part Employment Series for the Job Seeker, and the Employer: Finding a Job, and Keeping That Job
Kerry’s Place aims to provide a comprehensive overview of these topics in distinct 20 to 30-minute segments, available to view, pause, and view again, as your personal schedule permits. These modules will be progressively added to The Portal over the coming months.
Registration for The Portal is easy!
- Provide your email address below, and once more to confirm.
- Click submit, and you will be immediately connected to the portal for the very first time!
We look forward to providing these essential resources to our communities, at large.