Welcome to Kerry’s Place Autism Services. We are Canada’s largest service provider to families with children, adolescents, and adults, with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Using the high quality supports our Families have received since 1974, we continue to find new ways to support our community. The current climate has challenged us to explore innovative ways and positive outcomes from virtual services.
Did you know there’s evidence to support the effective delivery of applied behaviour analysis through Telepractice? Telepractice involves the use of technology using videoconferencing, telephone and video chat in order to support you and your family from the comfort of your own home. We can conveniently improve access to information and allow for greater participation. While things may feel different, we have a variety of tools that Kerry’s Place will continue to offer in the future as part of your family’s services
At Kerry’s Place, we can offer the following services virtually:
- Behavioural Services: We continue to provide evidence based behavioural services that can be supported using a telepractice model to teach new skills. This can include 1:1 support and parent coaching delivered on the virtual platform Zoom.
- Group Services: We offer a comprehensive menu of groups virtually including social skill development, communication strategies, self-regulation strategies, employment-related skills, and much more.
- Trainings: We have webinars and online courses ready for you delivered live. There are variety of webinar dates and times available.
- Adult Services: We look forward to engaging with the adults we support in new and innovative ways. For example, Zoom movie viewing parties and virtual music groups.
- Summer Camps: In our virtual respite and camp programming, children and youth will have the opportunity to foster their confidence in skills related to socializing with others, to strengthen their turn taking and sharing skills and be able to use their imagination along with teamwork in fun activities. These activities may include virtual field trips, art challenges, mad science experiments and much more. They will have opportunities to build new and lasting relationships, and most importantly, have FUN!
- Intake and Consultative Services: Our intake professionals are here to answer your questions, direct you to the right supports, and connect you to other service options within Kerry’s Place and our community.
- Our team offers one-time consultative services to help with topics such as providing ASD strategies, navigating resources, or creating visual support materials.
We are committed to envisioning a future where all persons with Autism Spectrum Disorder are participating fully in their communities. For more information on how we can best support you or your family, please contact us at email@example.com.